THE RED LINE

THE RED LINE

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Insomnia

Insomnia

the dripping of a leaky faucet
which i have to call the plumber about
on a pile of unwashed dishes has me
cogitating over conversations
quite suspicious so i
head down to the kitchen and i
fix myself another snack when i
realize to no surprise that there's no turning back so i
take a deep breath and i
walk over to the computer in my office
off the den where i review
a draft proposal seventeen separate times and then again while in my mind
racing thoughts ruminating on tomorrow's meeting
plan and as to the matter of whether
blue or gray suit will be packed in my luggage and placed in the van
which i have yet to load for a business trip to another city
and then i dash back to the cupboard
where i grab another piece of a delicious but whittled chocolate brownie
that my little girl made for me
and when i glance up at the clock
it's now a quarter after three
and i suddenly remember although i never actually forgot
to set the alarm at my bedside for five
but then on second thought and just to play it safe
i'll probably have to set it for four
and i notice that my slippers are worn through the bottoms
and that i have yet to polish my shoes
and should i shave now or after i wake up
but then the question is rhetorical
as the gap between late night and dawn closes with incredible speed

~|~

Please email this poem to your friends and colleagues, and share this poem through your social media channels if you appreciated it. Thank You!

    CONTACT
POET VERITAS

   POET VERITAS