THE RED LINE

THE RED LINE

Monday, December 8, 2014

CHILDHOOD CRUSHED

CHILDHOOD CRUSHED

He dreamed of flying, and a first kiss, and of great fortune and humble fame;

Infinite possibilities lay ahead on the fascinating, mysterious but promising road ahead

where magic discoveries hid for him to uncover

discovery was his noble mission,

daydream a heady, powerful pastime.

He was focused outward at an amazing, electrically charged limitless realm.

I don't know when it happened

When the wandering turned deeply introspective,

and things weren't chosen, but seemed mandated by some unseen spectre of responsibility.

Today when I looked in the mirror at a man's face

I saw a glimmer of the boy in his eyes

but only for a moment

and I knew that I was the monster

who crushed an innocent's chance at a childhood...

And I gently wept for my crime, and for the child who had died.


<^^>


Please email this poem to your friends and colleagues, and share this poem through your social media channels if you appreciated it. Thank You!

    CONTACT
POET VERITAS

   POET VERITAS

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com