THE RED LINE

THE RED LINE

Friday, November 21, 2014

LOVE, INTERRUPTED

LOVE, INTERRUPTED

What starts as passion, preoccupation and obsessive engagement

(when left to mature)

turns into a routine

kept in place by social obligations, co-dependence and private fantasies.

Love, when interrupted in its full bloom

at very least remains as a powerful sensual memory.

I am sad that I lost you when our passions and dreams were so intimately intertwined -

but I am consoled by the knowledge that our beautiful, insanely sexual,  preoccupied, all-devouring love

died at its magical peak

and that in its absence

left a hole in my heart that can never be filled by another.

And I am grateful for our love, interrupted,

as I repeatedly revisit its echoes, shadows and images in my mind,

every glance, every taste, every fragrance, every longing second --

It is only in our parting that our love remained untarnished and intact.


<( )>




Please email this poem to your friends and colleagues, and share this poem through your social media channels if you appreciated it. Thank You!

    CONTACT
POET VERITAS

   POET VERITAS

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com