THE RED LINE

THE RED LINE

Saturday, October 18, 2014

HEROES MUST BE DEAD

 HEROES MUST BE DEAD

You could be one of my heroes;

they are but few

and far between

and all of them are dead;

Perhaps I rhapsodize and romanticize about the past

and think that the greatest of us are all gone from the living -

but I do so admire you

(although you do not quite yet qualify)

that I would require of you only one

additional thing;

I have sharpened my implement

and should you come closer and embrace me

you can embrace your fate and your sacred place in my history as well

I entreat your warm surrender into my past

so that I may worship you.

Please email this poem to your friends and colleagues, and share this poem through your social media channels if you appreciated it. Thank You!

    CONTACT
POET VERITAS