THE RED LINE

THE RED LINE

Friday, October 24, 2014

CHEMICAL WARFARE

CHEMICAL WARFARE

leaving the stuffy building after the sleepy symposium

walking, slowly shuffling, across the vast expanse of summer lawn

sun above at its zenith,

high and shining down so brightly,

preoccupied, I was

and felt the sudden burning in my eyes

and through the unstoppable tears

smelled something like freshly-cut grass and my childhood swimming lessons

as I felt, more than I saw yellow chalky fog coming up from the ground

it was everywhere

and me, I was out of breath but barely moving, chest heaving,

slow motion

knees buckled as an invisible hand

forced me down, low and lower

and I couldn't get any air into my fiery lungs

and I could not cry out

a silent supplicant to the end of reason

kneeling

alone

finally falling on my face

Please email this poem to your friends and colleagues, and share this poem through your social media channels if you appreciated it. Thank You!

    CONTACT
POET VERITAS